Celltheon is seeking an experienced and self-directed individual to lead purification and characterization projects in support of cell line development and optimization. This will involve bench scale purification of antibodies and other proteins. The candidate should have a good understanding of filtration, chromatography, and formulation, as well as standard analytical techniques such as electrophoresis, 96 well assays, and HPLC. The candidate will function in a team environment, collaborating with colleagues who are expert in cell culture development. He or she should be able to balance multiple priorities and manage each project to suit the needs of the customer.
- Demonstrated experience in filtration, chromatography, and formulation by tangential flow filtration or gel filtration. This individual should be able to follow a written protocol, documenting their work. Equally importantly, this individual should have experience developing novel purification methods based on their own scientific expertise.
- Experience optimizing affinity, ion exchange, size exclusion, and hydrophobic interaction chromatography.
- Demonstrated experience with electrophoresis, 96 well methods, and HPLC for protein characterization.
- Experience with Unicorn software and an ability to troubleshoot basic malfunctions of laboratory purification equipment.
- Understanding of GMP would be helpful, but is not mandatory for success.
- Is a self-starter who takes on projects and drives them to success with minimal supervision.
- Rapidly overcomes obstacles and continues toward the project goal without becoming delayed.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment to provide client deliverable in a timely manner.
- Continuously works to build team spirit and support colleagues’ work.
- Able to train and supervise junior staff.
- Ability to author technical reports which are both detailed and focused and require minimal editing.
- Ability to receive technical information from clients and integrate it into work plan. Provide timely and clear updates to clients and supervisor.
- Accepts criticism and continuously works to meet or exceed the standards of both internal and external customers.
- Understands laboratory safety and hygiene and works to maintain a safe environment.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to attend to laboratory activities outside of normal working hours, including weekends.
- PhD or Master’s degree & 5 years of scientific experience OR Bachelor’s degree & 7 years of scientific experience
- Degree in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Related Field